Wednesday, April 18, 2007

weeping willow

I am weeping willow, the grateful
Bending down on my leaves to thank you
I am from a garden whose gardeners
Wrote Tehran on every leave,
On every flower
,

Thank Passdaran where my dreams came true
Thank Tajrish for encouraging me to look for myself
in Imamzadeh Saleh
Thank Chamran high way for revealing beauty upon
me by ever-grean trees
Thank Valiasr chenar trees for sharing their compassion
shadowy moments in summer days
Thank Saeedi St. for taking care of Shaheed Rahmani
House
Thank Mehrabad for welcoming my hojjaj
Thank Berry trees of Tarasht for celebrating my birthday
every year
Thank bazaar for his yearly narration of event of Ashura for me
Thank Vanak village for securing me from sorrow and despair
Thank Pish-Poorkan for accepting the invitaion for feast of
memories
Thank Arachte for her alchemical miracle of transforming cold weather
to warmth of love
Thank you for donating space to my roots sticking around in the soil of Tehran,

I am weeping willow, the grateful
Bending down on my leaves to thank you
I am from a garden whose gardeners once decided to call it Hamrahan-e Noor

Thank Hossein for everything, from love to hope, serenity to safety and all the

things coming from heaven

Thank Mohammadhossein for transcribing my outrage to rhymes of calmness

Thank EhsOn for borrowing my grace when I went out of grace

Thank Mehdi for his awakening slaps on my face

Thank Hamid for sharing his own uncoveries with me

Thank Hamidreza for guiding me how to be pure like water, how

to smile like roses

Thank Alireza for listening to me in a way I've always been

dreaming of

Thank Mrs.Ghahremani for teaching me what no one ever

did that teaching is learning

Thank Mrs.Ghomi for respecting me more than I

deserved

Thank Mrs.Doostdar for her ever-hospitality

Thank Mrs.Mahdieh for contributing to God's

greatest gift, generosity

Thank you for creating me a lover among the beloved

Once a weeping willow, I will never die

People die but I never do

as long as I have my roots in gardens as such

and I am nourished by the light of love

Yeah, I do need water

So, I have memories which come and go

just the same as water does

under my feet, underneath my thanks